Following the cancellation of all Continental and World Championships 2020 by CIAM and FAI, France has transmitted to CIAM the wish to simply shift F3F World Champs to 2021 in the same period of the year.
The proposal is therefore to start the 5th F3F World Championships on Sunday 3rd of October 2021 with the opening ceremony and end the World Champs on Saturday 9th of October 2021 with the closing ceremony.
We have received the informal feedback that this request has been positively decided by CIAM bureau, but we have not yet received the written and formal confirmation. But as of today, we consider this proposal for granted and teams from all over the world may start their planning towards the 5th F3F World Championships beginning of October 2021 in Limoux, south of France on the well known slopes of Saint Ferriol, Excueillens and Laurac.
We will update the Home Page of the World Champs in the coming weeks.
Next F3F World championship will be from the 4th to the 10th of October 2020 !
The French Aeromodeling Federation (FFAM) invites all active or associated members of the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (FAI) to participate with a team in the 5th FAI World Championship for the Slope Soaring Model Aircraft Class F3F.
|The logo of the world championship has been created by Thierry Martinet|
Why in Toulouse South-Western France ?
- Pyrénées mountains ensure the presence of stable wind in Spring and autumn season
- Solid competition experience: national contests are permanently organised since 1999 and international FAI sanctioned contests (including Viking Race) are held since 2007.
- Pyrénées region: offers touristic attraction and associated accommodation for all budgets varying from Camping, guest rooms, holiday and mobile homes and hotels
- Internet available everywhere on flying site for anyone.
- Live cams and live results to stream the competition on Internet.
- We organised the Viking Race 2010 and gained valuable experience.
Flying site easy to reach
Situated in South-West of France, international Airports in vincinity are Toulouse, Barcelone, Girona and Montpellier. Head Quarter and ceremonies will be held in Limoux: Toulouse (1h00), Montpellier (1h15), Barcelone (3h00), Girona (1h30), Paris (8h00)